Multiple Tooth Replacement – Holbrook, MA | Scituate, MA
Restoring Your Smile by Filling in the Gaps
It’s bad enough when you have one tooth that needs replacing, but when you have multiple teeth that are missing, it can be difficult trying to find a suitable solution to restore your smile. At Pearl Dental Associates, you don’t have to worry, as we offer treatment options that will not only replace the crown of your tooth but the root as well. This means, you can not only have a visibly beautiful smile but a healthy one, too! Known as dental implants, the full tooth is restored, giving you a more confident, stable, and longer lasting restoration. But if the idea of dental implants and the surgery involved doesn’t appeal to you, we do offer other options! To find out how you can benefit from multiple tooth replacement, contact our office to schedule a consultation.
The Dental Implant Process
If you are missing three or more teeth in a row, our dentists can offer a better solution than individual implants for each missing tooth. Instead, we can replace your teeth with two implants on either side of the gap. This will support the implant bridge.
The process to achieve this look will take several months, so you will need to be patient. Dental implant placement occurs in stages. The first stage is preparation, which will include taking scans of your mouth to determine where the implants should be placed. In the second stage, your dentist will administer anesthesia to make sure you are comfortable before making a small incision in your gum line to expose the bone. Placing each implant into your jawbone, the incision will be stitched closed. Over the next several months, osseointegration will occur, which is the fusing together of the bone and implant.
Once you’ve completely healed, you’ll return to our office for the final stage, which is the customized restoration placement. Your implant bridge will be placed, creating a blended and seamless smile!
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Stability – Dental implants, whether you’re getting one or all your teeth replaced, are surgically placed into your bone, which means there is no chance for accidental slippage or your implant falling out.
- Longer-Lasting – With dental implants, you can have a beautiful smile that will last decades or even a lifetime with proper care and maintenance.
- Natural look and feel – Your new restorations will act just like regular teeth, so there’s no need to remove them to eat or drink.
- Low maintenance – There’s no need for special products or tools to keep your implants clean. With regular brushing, flossing, and rinsing, you can keep your restorations clean and healthy.
- Jawbone strength – Without a root structure, your bone can begin to deteriorate.
- Dental implants help to keep your bone strong and intact.
Non-Implant Tooth Replacement Options
As great as dental implants sound, you may be looking for a non-surgical or less invasive procedure. That’s okay! We offer:
- Dental Crowns and Bridges – You can replace one or multiple consecutive missing teeth with a crown and bridge. If you have healthy teeth that can support the bridge, we can place crowns over the healthy teeth on either side of the gap to serve as anchors for the bridge.
- Partial Dentures – Whether you have consecutive or nonconsecutive teeth missing, we can provide a partial denture. This utilizes your remaining teeth and is customized using clips or clasps to hold it in place. Partial dentures can help fill in the gaps and is shaped to fit your mouth.
- Full Dentures – If you’re missing all your teeth, you may find that full dentures are a suitable solution for you. With this type of tooth replacement option, we can replace a full arch of missing teeth using a flexible, gum-colored base and artificial teeth to restore your smile. Using your natural suction or dental adhesive will help to keep them in place. With full dentures, your chewing and speaking function will be partially restored.